Project Finance advisory
We are a Project and Structured Finance Advisory firm focused on the development and financing of capital infrastructure projects worldwide. Our advisory services include the development of bankable contracts and agreements to help Clients raise long term capital to fund complex projects in emerging as well as developed markets.
Our team is comprised of infrastructure and energy finance experts with a thorough understanding of our core sectors: Oil & Gas, Refinery, LNG Terminal, Transportation, Power, Renewable Energy, Desalination.
We often get involved at the early stages of project development to help Clients develop the right contractual frameworks conducive to limited or non-recourse financing.
We explore all funding options for sourcing capital including Export Credit Agencies, Commercial Banks and Private Credit. We leverage our network of relationships to explore the overall financing structure and quantum of investment with global institutions and help place institutional quality Projects and Transactions.
The financing structure includes the amortizing of long-term debt and non-recourse construction transactions as well as bridge funding or mezzanine capital. Our Partners have deep knowledge of most financing instruments and can help advise on the optimal structure adapted to Project complexity and cash flow at competitive pricing and repayment terms.
We provide short term liquidity and solvency solutions to ensure the continuity of your business. Our approach involved defining your capital financing objectives based on a detailed understanding your working capital and short-term cash cycle of the business. We build transparent financial models incorporating critical business and commercial variables to prepare realistic financing proposals for institutional capital investment.
Corporate Finance Advisory
Our advisory and consulting team facilitates the end-to-end private placement process. We work with Asset Managers, Corporates, Public Sector, Institutional Investors and Project Developers.
We appraise the state of the business with regards to cash and inventory position, identify options and help clients make difficult decisions, while monitoring the impact on affected stakeholders.
We can advise on turnaround strategies, identifying options and ways to stabilize the business. We help clients understand the risks and costs associated with each option and prepare contingencies.
We help Clients with structuring of complex capital structure to avoid equity dilution and develop the right level of leverage for business objectives which could include hybrid instruments of equity and debt.
Mergers & Acquisitions
We help Clients restructure the asset base of their business by disposing of underperforming assets, distressed or non-core parts of the business.
Our team of specialists helps you focus on the key questions during the critical stages of planning and executing an acquisition.
We facilitate the M&A process through assistance with acquisition financing, including leverage buyouts. We also have specialist tax and accounting expertise to provide opinion on tax and accounting matters of the transaction especially in cross-border M&A deals.
Our deliverables commence with the preparation of Information Memorandum and Preliminary Financial Models. We then target a definite group of pre-qualified investors and develop the communication for the focused group using the prepared collateral. We also conduct detailed market analysis and study precedent transactions in the market.
We offer the capability to Project Manage the transaction process drawing upon specialists to achieve Financial Close and SPA execution for the Clients by running an efficient transaction process realizing synergies and navigating business and regulatory complexities.
Our Partners have presence in Australia, US, Africa and Middle East.
Our Partners have worked on big ticket international transactions in various sectors including Oil, Gas, Power and LNG. Some of those transactions are listed below:
- $100m leveraged buyout for Gulf International Services, providing full advisory to QP subsidiary including valuation, negotiation, Sale Purchase Agreement, financing and loan documentation. Negotiated pricing from banks for leverage buyout and working capital revolving financing.
- 13% buyout of French Petrochemical firm Arkema in Qatar Vinyl Company. Performed petrochemical market diligence, valuation of business, board presentation, review of constitutional documents and negotiations.
- Participated in developing bankable structure for 70% financing for a major mixed-feed $9bn QP/Shell petrochemical project Finance Team, developing a suite of documents including Information Memorandum, Term Sheet, Summary of Commercial Agreements, Consultant Reports, Financial Model.
- Structured $75m working capital facility for UK’s largest LNG regasification terminal, the South Hook Gas to enable optimization of the capacity from processing additional third-party LNG cargoes.
- Co-led JPY 85 billion Samurai Bond placement in Japanese Market. Actively involved in the appointment of underwriters and negotiated guarantee cover with JBIC.
- Advised State of Qatar on inputs to rating agencies and better management of debt exposure for different oil price scenarios.
- Advised Steel client on 25% stake sale in holding company in Bahrain with three subsidiaries.
- Involved in the financing of $3 Bn Independent Power and Water Plant Developer 2400 MW and 130 MIGD project in Ras Laffan, Qatar
- Structured the financing of $1.5 Bn refinery in Ras Laffan with 140kt/d capacity. Structured shareholder loan with corporate guarantee to improve economics for shareholders.